- 12 large mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 tsp. dill, basil
- dash cayenne
- 1 Tbsp. plain whole yogurt (or just enough to hold the stuffing together)
- grated unsalted cheddar cheese for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Mince the mushroom stems and combine with almonds, scallions, herbs, and yogurt.
- Arrange the mushroom caps on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Fill to the brim with the stuffing and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake until the top is crusty and cheese is melted (10-15 minutes).
Serve immediately as appetizer or side dish! Makes 4 servings.
* This recipe is from the new cookbook, Triumph Over Cancer – My Recipes for Recovery by Doris Sokosh, long-term recovered cancer patient featured in the film Rethinking Cancer.