Adapted, just slightly, from one of Michelle Obama’s favorite recipes using ingredients from the White House kitchen garden.
- 2 cups almond milk*
- 2 large cucumbers
- 3 oz. whole Greek yogurt (thicker than regular)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- dash seasalt (opt.)
- for garnish: Greek yogurt, fresh dill, toasted almonds (opt.)
- Peel and coarsely chop the cucumbers.
- Put chopped cucs, almond milk, yogurt, dill and seasalt in blender. Purée until smooth.
- Chill before serving. Garnish with a dollop of Greek yogurt, sprig of dill and (opt.) a few toasted almonds.
*To prepare almond milk: soak 1 1/4 cup raw almonds in 2 cups water overnight. Next day blend for 1-2 minutes. Strain.