Here’s an easy way to up your daily turmeric intake – an invigorating tea with an extra kick! (makes 2 cups)
- 2 cups (preferably distilled) water
- 1/2 tsp. powdered turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. peeled and grated fresh ginger root (or powdered, but fresh gives a more lively flavor)
- maple syrup or raw honey to taste
- lemon juice to taste (opt.)
- Bring the water to boil then add the two spices. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a mug, add maple syrup (or honey), lemon and stir. Drink warm.