2 servings of no-guilt comfort food!
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups raw, unhulled oat groats, soaked for 10-16 hours in distilled water, then drained
- 1 banana, sliced
- 4 dates, chopped
- 6 raw pecans and/or walnuts, chopped
- Lightly pulse the chopped apple in a food processor or blender. You may need to add a little water if your apple is less than juicy. If you prefer a smooth, applesauce consistency, add water as necessary and purée.
- Add cinnamon and 1 cup oats (keeping 1/4 cup aside for garnish). Continue to pulse. Your finished mixture should have some texture.
- Divide mixture into two bowls and garnish with remaining oats, dates and nuts.
Walla! Add extra nutrients like raw cacao powder or nibs, goji berries, blueberries, whatever. Serve with a little almond milk or whole plain yogurt. The oatmeal/apple mixture will keep in the ‘fridge for a day, but why wait?