Watch this video to learn how to peel, seed and juice a pomegranate for use in recipes like this:
- 2 ripe avocados
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 cup sliced scallion
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 2-3 serrano or jalapeno chile peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Peel and pit the avocados and place the “meat” in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with lime juice and mash all together.
- Add the scallions, garlic, peppers, cilantro and pomegranate juice. Mash until well blended, but still a little chunky. Fold in the pomegranate seeds. Makes about 2 cups.