- 1 cup raw almonds, ground
- 1 1/4 cup spelt flour or other low gluten flour (e.g., kamut, amaranth, barley, rice)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup organic pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
- fruit jam – homemade or from the health food store
- 2 tablespoons (preferably distilled) water
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients (maple syrup, melted coconut oil, water) and blend well.
- Shape the cookie dough into walnut-sized balls and place them on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Indent with thumb and fill with the fruit jam.
Bake at 350 F. about 16-20 minutes – until golden brown. To store, place in a jar or other container with a few pieces of orange or lemon peel to keep fresh, though chances are these cookies won’t be stored for long!
*Great thanks to Eileen Baykan and daughter, Melissa, for sending us this delicious holiday recipe!