- 2 pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 white grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 3 small oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup red or black grapes
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Grade A maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Prepare the fruits. Toss all together in a bowl and chill in the fridge.
- For the syrup: in a small pan, mix the orange juice, maple syrup, cinnamon and star anise and warm for several minutes. Stir well to infuse the flavors. Remove from the heat and chill in the fridge.
- Just before serving, arrange the fruit into shallow dessert bowls, drizzle with the chilled syrup and garnish with fresh mint.
Other fruits can be used, like pear, persimmon, pomegranate. This serves 2-4, depending on how hungry everybody is!