This is a Natural Healing classic – a soothing, satisfying, mineral-rich, broth to neutralize acidity and foster an alkaline environment – key to promoting health and healing. Sip the broth if you experience the burning sensation from an acid reflux reaction or an ulcer. Keep it on hand to maintain energy and alkalinity during a “healing crisis,” a fast or a common cold. Taken upon arising, this drink helps the body to do its “housecleaning” by giving up the harmful toxins that have collected during the night. Or just sip anytime for a satisfying drink.
Place in a large soup pot:
- Potatoes (with skins, if organic), cut in large chunks
- Onions, in large chunks
- Optional additional vegetables: sweet potato, celery, kale, rutabaga, turnip, carrot, fennel, garlic, etc.
- Really, any veggie is fine and will add to the pleasant taste.
- Add just enough water (saltless, no seasoning) to cover the veggies. Bring to a boil, then simmer until soft (approx. 25-30 minutes). Cook a little longer for stronger flavor.
- Pour off the liquid and save in a glass jar. If you like, reserve the cooked veggies to eat later.
A batch of broth will last at least 3 or 4 days in the refrigerator to be re-heated or taken at room temperature.
Related article: Acid/Alkaline Balance