If you’re new to dandelion greens, start with a small amount of dandelion in proportion to other greens and monitor your body’s reaction. Some people may be more sensitive.
- 1/2 lb. torn dandelion leaves and other leafy greens
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- drizzle of raw honey pinch salt (unrefined) and pepper
- In a medium bowl, toss together dandelion greens, onion, tomatoes and basil.
- To make dressing: put all ingredients in a glass jar, cover and shake vigorously.
- Drizzle gently over the salad and toss. Makes a cup of dressing. Store in the refridge, but let come to room temperature (and give a good shake) before using.