A sinful-tasting, sinless treat!
- 1/2 lb. dried black mission figs, soaked in water 1-2 hours
- 1/2 lb. raw cashews, soaked 6-8 hours
- 1/4 lb. dried dates, pitted and soaked 1-2 hours
- 1 1/2-2 tbsp. carob powder (to taste)
- 1/4 lb. raw walnut pieces
Pour off soaking water and save. Put figs, cashews, and dates in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth (add a little soaking water, if too thick to blend). Remove mixture to a bowl and stir in carob powder and most of the walnut pieces. Pour into a shallow pan, spreading evenly. Garnish with remaining walnuts. Refrigerate ’til hardened. Cut into squares and serve or store in container in the freezer.
Coconut Carob Drops: Add 1-2 cups of fresh-shredded or dissicated coconut to the fudge batter. Form into balls and roll in coconut. Refridgerate. For Mint Fudge: Add about 1/8 – 1/4 tsp. pure peppermint oil to fudge batter. Experiment with other spices, i.e., anise, clove, etc.