- 4-5 cups water or vegetable broth
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp. Jensen’s Broth powder
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and cut in bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup cooked barley or brown rice
- 1/2 lb. string beans, halved
- 1-2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- Put the water in a large soup pot and add celery, onions, broth powder and ginger.
- Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer a few minutes.
- Add beans and squash to the soup and cook until tender, add nutmeg, if desired.
*This is very nice with cucumbers or fruit salad. Variation: for a thicker dressing, don’t strain. Just blend in honey and nutmeg.
Makes 4 large servings.