- 2 cups raw almonds (or walnuts, macadamia, pecans, etc.)
- 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked 20 minutes in water
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract (opt.)
Process nuts in a food processor until reduced to a coarse flour. Drain dates, cut in quarters and add to the almonds, along with vanilla. Pulse until dates are well chopped. (Mixture will be sticky.) Press the “dough” into a 9-inch pie pan. (Start by pressing straight down to get the bottom crust, then press around the sides.)
- 4 bananas
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut
- 2 teaspoons tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon raw honey or pure maple syrup (opt.)
Mash 2 of the bananas and put in a food processor with apple juice, 1/2 cup coconut, tahini, honey. Process until smooth. Slice the remaining 2 bananas and gently fold in with the last 1/2 cup of coconut. Pour filling into crust.
Final Touch: put pie in freezer for about an hour before serving. Decorate with kiwi slices or other fruits and/or nuts and serve!